9/23/08

Cycling to Grantchester

I like cycling in my own city and, since the begining, I was quite interested in cycling in Cambridge. But I was a little bit worried to drive alone on the left.

I arrived to cycling at the end, when the classes are finished and I had more free time. My teacher John Page, who cycles everyday, animates me, and my schoolmate Javier Fernández Sebastián comes with me to hire a bicycle.

The experience was very beautiful. I knew the meadows cycling from Cambridge to Grantchester. There, in a place named "The Orchard", we had an excellent tea with cream and a cake in a enormous garden with a lot of apple trees.

In this garden had meeting the Bloomsbury Group (Grantchester Group here): Virginia Woolf, Bertrand Russell, Keynes, Wittgestein... and the poet Rupert Brooke, who made Granchester famous. A little museum and a shop help us to know better those important artists and philosophers.


I came back at the evening. Four miles in total, more or less. And a memory for the rest of my life.

No comments: